Thursday, December 29, 2011

Taken Aback- Part 3

Oh that Abercrombie polo!  Little did he know, that very polo would melt my heart and eventually give me butterflies.  He knew how to dress!  I had only seen him in person once but I knew that I had finally met someone who cared about wearing nice things just as much as I did.


As A.B. walked toward me confidently knowing that he looked good I gave a little wave of the hand to say hello and asked him how he was doing.  His eyes were brilliant blue, the kind of blue that makes your heart skip a beat but magically calm you as well, and his smile was slightly crooked to the left just like mine.  There was no need to confirm that we were both A and K, we knew.  We'd been texting for days and I'm positive there had been sufficient Facebook stalking.  


We chatted for a couple minutes and I teased him for wearing a green shirt.  We were matching and it was an odd coincidence, and it was kind of cute.  He had class on the other side of campus in a couple of minutes and I needed to go that direction so I offered to walk with him.

That walk from the TSC to South campus was incredibly awkward!  We talked about meaningless things like how he didn't enjoy going to class and I awkwardly interjected in the silences.  Oh it was so obvious that him and I weren't clicking!  My heart deflated with each passing minute.  I was out of my element and who knows where he was?  Did he even notice how awkward I was being?

As we got closer to our parting destination we both offered a quick goodbye.  There was no hug, no "it was nice to meet you" and no reason to think I had left a good impression.  As I walked past him back to my apartment all I wanted to do was glance back over my shoulder!  What if we had one of those moments like in the movies where each person looks over their shoulder, they make eye contact and know there is a connection?  I kept my eyes pointed in the direction of my apartment but did A.B.?  Did he look over his shoulder as I walked away?  

1 comment:

Victoria said...

YES!!!! Yes he did. But of course you didn't look so... way to go kels hahaha jk. But really. I'm sure he did and if he didn't... he sure totally thought about it :)