I'm going to be honest with all of you, I have a sever infatuation with all foods that might possibly break the word of wisdom. It's sad but true. Anything that might contain wine, coffee, or any form of alcohol intrigues me. I LOVE to cook and I just might be obsessed with the Food Network. So my new quest is to find what i'm going to call "Mormon" versions of the oh so sophisticated and elegant foods that one might see on the Food Network or in a fancy cook book by Julia Child. Everything that one might be leery of adding to a recipe (because of WoW issues) will have been omitted or substituted with something just as good.
My first challenge: Mormon Tiramisu
It was pretty good, it tasted really good with some fresh blueberries on top!
Here's the recipe I came up with:
1/2 pound mascarpone cheese
3 egg yolks
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 angel food cake loafs
4 tbs sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup chocolate milk (extra chocolatey)
(I just added a little cocoa powder)
3 egg whites
1. Beat cheese, egg yolks, vanilla and 2 tbs sugar.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff and shiny. Whip cream.
3. Gently fold egg yolk mixture, egg whites and cream together. Mix up some extra chocolatey chocolate milk and add 2 tbs sugar.
4. Cut the angel food cake into 3/4 inch slices. Dip angel food cake into chocolate milk and line dish. Alternate layers of angel food cake and cream mixture; ending with cream.
5. Dust with cocoa powder and refrigerate.
What are some other recipes that I should tackle?