Friday, June 4, 2010

One Year

As of today I've been a high school graduate for one year. This past year has be quite the wonderful experience; I went off to Utah State where I met the sisters I never had. The Lord placed me in a quaint little apartment with five of the strangest, most fun, amazing, talented girls in the world. It's hard to believe that all of us were able to get along like we have, we literally are sisters at heart.

I wish I had more to show for the past year. I do have a few extra pounds around my mid section... So you know that I didn't exactly starve while at school. My testimony of my savior has grown to new heights. I had many opportunities to witness miracles take place within my apartment and I had many opportunities to overcome self doubt. I'm thankful everyday for the feelings that I got while on a forced tour of the campus. I hadn't wanted to go on the tour, and I had no intention of ever going to Utah State, but while I was up there I got an overwhelming feeling that I knew which school I should be attending come fall.

My experiences this past year have changed my life forever. I've learned how to: live on my own, live without privacy, recognize the spirit, pray, study, make new friends, and many other things.

One year ago I was worried that nothing could ever compare to my high school experience. I don't think anything still can compare to the things that happened in my life during those three years at Layton High, but I'm grateful that I took that scary leap of faith and moved away from home to have what I didn't know at the time would be one of the greatest experiences that I've ever had.

I'm thankful for my parents support, love and prayers. I would often wake up knowing that I was in your prayers. Thank you for that.

-Kels

No comments: