Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Another Grand Idea

I've decided to make a cookbook.  That's a good idea right?  I'm still deciding how I feel about it.  I do have quite a few recipes that I absolutely adore and even more recipes that I have adopted and made my own.  Wouldn't it be cool to get a rad awesome cook book made by a close friend as a wedding present?  Maybe I'm a nerd but I think it would be sweet!


Yep, that's about it.  I haven't really been up to much lately, just working on lesson plans.  I taught Relief Society on Sunday and had an Illustrated Talk on Tuesday.  I've decided that I do not enjoy teaching Relief Society that much but I love teaching fun subjects like Human Development.


I decided to do my Illustrated Talk on Erikson's 8 Psychosocial Stages and gave a 10 minute lesson to 20 of my peers.  I rocked it out... ya know, because i'm awesome like that!  Ever since I entered my major I was always worried that I wouldn't be a good teacher.  I don't always like being the center of everyone's attention and I tend to be too creative sometimes.  On Tuesday I realized that I'm going to be a freaking awesome teacher and I also found out that I love being a smarty pants and telling people what I know.  


The class thought my presentation went really well and everyone was happy!

2 comments:

Kelly Clark said...

Are you going to be a Family and Consumer Sciences teacher? If not, what kind of teacher are you going to be?

Tyson & Rachel said...

Kelsey, one of my neighbors published made a cookbook with her sister and gave one to me for my wedding. It was an awesome present! She even included personalized notes like "sometimes I do it this way," or "my kids really love this one!" I think giving your friends a cookbook made by you is a wonderful idea :)

P.S. I would probably even buy one from you. I've been meaning to ask you for your roll recipe because I recently learned how to make AMAZING ribs.