Thursday, November 10, 2011

Taken Aback- Part 1

When I started blogging again I said that I wanted to write many of the stories that I have, the good, the bad and the ugly.  Well my dear friends I don't go back on my promises.  This is part one to a very important, trying and wonderful portion on my life.

If you know me personally please don't ask questions the next time you see me.  There are reasons why I haven't told you about everything that goes on in my life... probably because I don't tell anyone about all that goes on in my life.  If you want to know more you can sit patiently and wait for me to finish my story. 

Let us begin!

Way, way back in March I happened to meet a really great guy!  I can't exactly say that we met each other back in March because we actually didn't meet each other face to face until mid April.  One would probably say that we originally got in contact with each other; oh the things that social media can do for a person!

We started chatting with each other and we had both mastered the art of flirting.  As we continued to get to know each other that first night we realized that we were both from the same hometown, both studying at USU and longed to travel the world.  It was apparent that we had a little bit in common, enjoyed talking with each other and maybe, just maybe wanted to continue to get to know one another.  That first night we chatted for a couple hours and in that short amount of time he felt the need to propose to me.  I wondered to myself who does this boy think he is?  We bantered back and forth until he managed to get me to say "yes".  We were pretend engaged and we had never met or talked to each other before!

I feel at this time that I must clarify that we didn't come in contact through lds single or, but by other forms of social networking (think Facebook). 

For days we spend all our time texting.  My mornings would start with either a text from him saying "good morning" or started with me saying "sorry I fell asleep last night".  There was quite a bit of time devoted between two people who had never met but we had clicked so quickly that I never thought anything of it.  After a week or so he mentioned that maybe we should get around to meeting each other and possibly go on a date.  I was a little worried but he seemed like a nice guy.  However, I thought that it might be nice for him to actually meet me in person before we decided to do something together.  I told him that on April 13 I would be in the TSC all day long volunteering with SAAVI at our annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event.  Since I was going to be there all day it would be a great chance for him to stop by.  Secretly I was thinking that if we didn't get along that it would be easy to come up with an excuse to look busy and we would both go on our merry way. 

I had sufficiently Facebook stalked him so I was sure to recognize him when we met!  One night a couple days before the event my roommate and I were at the HPER waiting for our ZUMBA class to start.  I was wearing a ratty old t-shirt, spandex capris and my hair was in a nasty ponytail.  I was talking with a couple friends when out of the corner of my eye I see two guys pass.  For a split second I think nothing of it until things click and I realize that the guy I have been texting non stop for a couple days just walked by!  What?  He just passed me and I didn't go say anything or introduce myself?  What am I thinking?  My thoughts are frantic and I turn to my roommate Angel and exclaim "That was A.B.! He just passed by and I didn't go say hi".  After a little discussion we agreed that meeting a cute guy in my ratty t-shirt was probably not the best of ideas. 

Once I was done with ZUMBA I sent him a simple text telling him that I had completed one of the hardest workouts of my life.  I didn't receive a reply for quite some time and became a little impatient but I figured that he was still at the HPER playing soccer.  After an hour or two I get a text replying that he just got home from the hospital.  I was so sure that he had been playing soccer, why in the world did he have to go to the hospital?  Typing as fast as I can I reply: What did you break?!?  It turns out that the kid got hit in the head and needed stitches.  Go figure!  There was no mention of my workout and our conversation focused on him, his game and the row of stitches he had in his forehead. 

1 comment:

elise @ elise's pieces said...

K, I am SUPER intrigued now. I can't wait for more of this story.