Sunday, August 1, 2010

True Aggie Girl Reviews a Book

A few posts ago I listed some of the books that I've read but I forgot a couple of them. This summer I've also read The Shack and A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier. I've come to realize that I don't have any particular type of genre that I prefer over any other. I've read quite the assortment of books this summer and I've enjoyed my time exploring different styles.

The Shack by William P. Young
Mack's youngest daughter, Missy, was abducted while on a family camping trip and evidence shows that she was brutally murdered in an abandoned shack. Four years after the abduction Mack receives a note telling him to meet the sender at the shack. Mack believes that the note is from none other than God.
Mack goes against his better judgment and makes the trip one wintry day. What he finds there will end up changing Mack's life.

This book attempts to answer the question of: Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?

My thoughts and feelings:
This book really does make you think about your relationship with God, it helps you to understand why we are given trials and that we are never alone in this world. The author does however have a different view on God than most Christan's, but if you are able to put your beliefs aside and accept someone else's viewpoint then you might just enjoy this book.
I don't think i'll be recommending this book to everyone that I meet but if you're given the chance to read it you might as well. What's the worst that could happen? You won't like it.
I honestly can't decide how I feel about this book.

Do you have any book recommendations?

No comments: