Thursday, August 19, 2010

Who Moved My Cheese?



When I was about twelve years old my dad brought this book home from work and told me to read it.  I don't know who gives a twelve year old a "self help" book, but I read it anyway.  I've been meaning to re-read this book for years but it always seems to slip my mind and I find myself engrossed in some novel or memoir.

The other day at work I noticed that my boss owned a copy, and though to myself "If my boss likes this book and keeps it at work then maybe there is something in it that I need to read in order to be a better sales woman".  After my shift was over I went home, plopped myself into my comfy reading chair and plowed through the book.

I can't say that the book is all that enjoyable, it's actually a little childish... I mean the story is about mice, little people and cheese.  But it's a metaphor... oooo metaphor :)  So it does make you think about the things you are doing in life and the way you react to changes.

I realized that I've been very opposed to the changes that are coming in my life and that me being so adamant on not moving with the changes is holding me back.

Have any of you read this book?  What where your thoughts?

No comments: