Saturday, August 28, 2010

SF with the Popsicle!

I just got back from my wonderful trip to San Francisco!  Oh my goodness it was such a blast.
My Popsicle, also known as Dad, and I woke up early Friday morning to make our 7:45am flight out of SLC.  One thing you must know about my family is that we ALWAYS pack a camera, but said camera never seems to make it to the airport like we do.
I had the infamous camera packed in my backpack along with my laptop and a couple school books.  When I walked down the stairs my dad gave me the look of 'are you seriously bringing all the crap?'.  So being the wonderful daughter that I am I grabbed my reading books and followed my dad to the car. 

Jump forward a couple hours.

Yay, our plane just landed in Oakland! 
While walking off the plane I instantaneously felt the moisture in the air.  I don't really do the whole "moisture in the air" thing. My hair is really fine and has some awful natural wave to it.  Did I mention that the wind was blowing?  
It was a no bueno situation!


My dad and I were staying at the Marriot on the corner of Sutter and Powell (they have the most comfy beds!) so we had to take the BART from Oakland to San Fran.  It was a new experience.  I figured that the BART was going to have a stop close to our hotel, but I was TOTALLY wrong.  It stops at the bottom of Powell and our hotel was near the top of a couple hills. 




 I had to roll my suitcase, which weighed close to what I weigh up a huge hill and while doing that I looked like a major tourist.  It was fun!


Later that day we walked around China Town.




  I LOVE CHINA TOWN!  It's so unique.  My dad told me a story while we were walking around about how you shouldn't order things from a Chinese bakery because the Chinese don't like things as sweet as we do in America.  Well, he broke his own rule and we ordered what is called a Chinese donut.  It was probably the most interesting thing I've ever eaten in my whole life.  It's a ball of dough rolled in sesame seeds with this weird sweet brown paste in the center.  It was kind of good... kind of. 



   We decided to stop and have dim sum at New Asia, the place that the hotel recommended. 



In a restaurant that had close to 200 people in it, my dad and I were the only ones who weren't Asian.  I'm all about dim sum, it's good and as far as I know it's super healthy because everything is steamed.  Although we didn't speak a lick of Chinese we managed to order a pretty satisfying lunch that was pretty affordable. 


The bestest part is coming up!


After lunch we were SUPER full (as you should be after eating a delicious lunch) so we decided to make our way back to the hotel.  We stopped in a couple shops to look around, but the one place that caught my eye was this little hole in the wall where a girl was making crepes!  Who makes crepes in China Town?  Well, this girl does, and they are to die for!  I made my dad order a banana and nutella crepe for the two of us to share.  I have never had a better crepe in my whole entire life!  The crepe is hot but the fresh whipped cream is cool and the bananas were super ripe and you just can't go wrong with nutella.
The address is 909 Grant (street or avenue) in China Town in San Francisco.  Go there!



No comments: