Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Big News!

I have BIG NEWS!  MONUMENTAL News!  HUGE News!

On Friday at 2:00pm I am actually going to declare a major.  I will be declaring a major in FCSE; Family Consumer Science Education.  I blame the following inspiration on my calling.

It occurred to me the other day during my psychological statistics class that I have no desire to conduct tests on peoples behavior for the rest of my life.  I know that a degree in psychology doesn't necessarily mean that all I would be doing to psychological studies, but I don't want to risk it.  I just wanted to go into counseling, but getting there is a very hard process!
I've decided that I want to be a high school sewing teacher!  Sewing was my favorite class all through junior high and high school and I want others to enjoy it like I do.  I'd also like to be a foods and nutrition teacher.

Who ever thought I would want to be a teacher?  Actually I did.  I want to do something that I love for the rest of my life, I want others to share the joy I feel when I do something I love, I want a career that will allow me to spend time with my family.  Looks like I want to be a teacher.  I'm super excited!  As of right now it looks like I will probably be graduating late though :( 

No comments: