Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dress and Humanity

I'm in this AWESOME class at Utah State called Dress and Humanity. It's totally my thing!  For our first project we are required to make a garment out of re-purposed materials.  Our items will be walking down the runway on September 20th.  I totally feel like i'm on Project Runway!  My design originally was going to be a wedding dress made out of white trash bags.  Have you ever realized just how see through trash bags are?
My next design was a wedding dress made out of wrapping paper.  I made the bodice and I must say that it does look pretty good, the problem is that the wrapping paper is really thick and doesn't allow for much movement.  I ended up bagging that idea.

Here is the inspiration for my new design!


and


Needless to say, it's going to be a very unique dress. 

No comments: