Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Delightful Dinner

The day started off like crap, but I took some time for myself and now it's all better!

I had a friend come up from Salt Lake so I decided to try a new recipe for dinner.  I made him and my roommates Honey, Lime and Chicken Enchiladas, and boy were they fantastic!  I got the recipe from one of my favorite recipe blogs, The Girl Who Ate Everything.

Here is the recipe as well as pictures from her blog:


4-5 T. honey

5 T. lime juice
1 T. chili powder 
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded 
8-10 flour tortillas 
1 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1/2 cup heavy cream 

Mix the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic together and toss with the shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour. Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese (and a little enchilada sauce), saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and add a couple more dashes of chili powder. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese (a lot of cheese!).  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top. 

Mine wasn't crispy so I turned on the broiler for a couple minutes. 

Then, for dessert we're having:

Limeade Pie!


6 oz. can of frozen limeade concentrate
1 can of Eagle Brand Condensed milk
8-10 oz. thawed Cool Whip
couple drops green food coloring (however green you want it)
premade graham cracker crust
Thaw out the limeade so that it is runny. Mix it thoroughly with the condensed milk. Stir in food coloring and fold in whipcream. Pour into the graham cracker crust and let set up in the freezer.

I took my leftover heavy cream from the enchiladas and whipped it up with some powdered sugar and lime juice to put on top. 

I'm sick of waiting, I wish it would set up faster!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy. Very impressive. You are a great hostess/entertainer. Love, NT