Thursday, October 7, 2010

An Aggie Book Review: Hunger Games

I finally jumped on the bandwagon and started "The Hunger Games" series by Suzanne Collins and I'm going to be honest with you, I don't know if I completely understand what is so great about these books.  I feel as if they resemble another YA series that many of you might recall, The Twilight series.  Yeah, remember those books?  Yup, as I sat there reading "The Hunger Games" I kept thinking darn, this Katniss girl sure reminds me of Bella... that sounded rude.  Katniss is WAY cooler than Bella will ever be!  Katniss is independent and doesn't rely on mythical creatures (emphasis on CREATURES!... as in plural!) to validate her.


I like that the books are what I consider to be an "easy read".  It was nice that there was a couple twists within the plot or else I'm pretty sure I would have dropped the book like a sack of potatoes.


All in all it was a good book, but I still don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with it.  As of right now I have more important things to do than to sit and read Young Adult fiction, but when I do find the time to just sit around I will end up reading the next two books in the series... eventually. 

1 comment:

Haylee said...

Don't worry, you're not alone. I think my problem was that I started reading the series expecting too much. I mean when everyone and their mom is reading this book, you can't help but to have high expectations!