Thursday, October 14, 2010

Power to the Women! on Thoughtful Thursday

"Rocks make no compromise for sex... rock climbing is not like some sports, where it is made easier for women; or sports like, say, softball, which is only baseball for soft people. On a rock, everything is equal." -Beverly Johnson

"I can't remember a single time that I was prevented from doing what I wanted because I was a female, either on the rock or in the mountains." -Annie Whitehouse

I believe that men and women are equal and should be treated as so.  I've recently discovered the joy of rock climbing, it's empowering to know that the rules aren't changed for women. The rock is unchanging and it doesn't care if you're a women, it WILL treat you no differently than it treated the man who climbed before you.

Here are some pictures from my recent excursions.

First Time Climbing!


Help!  How do I make the figure 8?


Look at me go!  Look at my hair.  Isn't is cute?


Sara and I laughing at Angel


Second Climb on My First Day



No, I don't hold on to the rope!  I slipped, I swear!



I made it to the top!  Go Me!


Second Climbing Trip


I just thought Sara looked super cutie!



Chalkin' up my hands





Second Climb on My Second Trip Climbing




No comments: