Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Stiletto Portfolio

This semester I've considered myself to be pretty lucky, I only had two final exams.  With only having two actual exams that does mean that I had a lot of final projects that were due last week. In my fashion class I did my final on stilettos!  I had a blast and a half searching the web for hours looking at picture after picture.  

My favorite article came from National Geographic.  A professor of fashion places a high heel on the floor and steps into the shoe and then out.  She says "The breasts go out; the derrière juts back; the leg elongates... Men find that very attractive."  The only thing I could think of after reading that was this clip from She's the Man... one of my all time favorite movies. 


The conclusion for my portfolio: Stilettos are impractical shoes designed by men to enhance a womens sex appeal.


But...
I still love them, and these ones especially!




If loving these is wrong, would I ever want to be right?

4 comments:

Bridget said...

oh wowzas. those would make me about 7 feet tall but they're beauties nonetheless.

JMay said...

Those shoes are so cute! Perfect for the holidays too. I'm with you...heels are so impractical and hurt so badly after a night out but I just love them! Oh & I think girls wear heels to impress girls too! :)

http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You'll want to add a facebook button to your blog. I just bookmarked this article, although I had to complete it manually. Simply my $.02 :)

- Robson

Maria Johns said...

oh my, gorgeous shoe!! so great to mee you kelsey!!!