Monday, January 17, 2011

My Favorite Read

Today was easy peasy lemon squeezy!  My all time favoritest book is Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson.

I randomly purchased this book at a thrift store and from the second I read the first page I was completely hooked. I cannot even describe to you how much I love this book!  

Synopsis

Jane is the daughter of the rich and famous Broadway producer, Vivienne Margaux.  Being rich certainly has it's advantage, but 8 year old Jane is growing up alone.  Her mother has little time for her and is looking for husband who knows what number.  Jane did have one friend while growing up, Michael, a charming, attractive and wise man in his 30's.  He was her best friend. 

Michael does happen to be imaginary.  Jane is the only one who is able to see him. 

On Jane's ninth birthday, Michael tells her that he has to leave her, and won't be coming back.  He's assignment was finished and it was time for him to move on to the next child.  As he leaves he tells her that she will no longer be able to remember him.  The problem is that Jane never forgets about her imaginary friend Michael. 

The story goes on but it would be such a shame if you didn't read the book to find out how the story ends.  I promise that there are twists and turns and you will be second guessing every assumption that you make.  


What is your favorite read?

1 comment:

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

snoozer boozer! I was so sad when someone picked this book for bookclub! lol But its okay sweet cousin, we will always have Twilight. :) lol